Shipments & Returns
ROSSI USA reserves the right to field strip, inspect and function test all firearms sent to ROSSI USA upon receipt or anytime thereafter. Customers will be provided an estimate for repair if such repair is not covered under the applicable Repair Policy.
Our Service Department will give your firearm a complete inspection, and evaluate the problem(s) specified in your letter. If the work required is not covered under the terms of our Warranty (when applicable) you will receive an actual cost quotation, not an estimate. Any repair work must be authorized by you, and no work will be done without your expressed approval.
To expedite service within the United States of America, please note the following suggestions when returning a firearm for repair, replacement or adjustment.
- Federal law permits you to return your firearm to the manufacturer for service via common carriers. However, state and local firearms laws vary greatly; you should consult your local prosecuting attorney regarding any restrictive laws in your jurisdiction regarding your shipment or receipt of firearms. With the above in mind, it is strongly recommended that any firearm sent to us for repair be sent through a federally licensed dealer.
- Federal law permits you to return your firearm to the manufacturer for service via common carriers. However, state and local firearms laws vary greatly; you should consult your local prosecuting attorney regarding any restrictive laws in your jurisdiction regarding your shipment or receipt of firearms.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It may not be legal for us to return your firearm or magazines to you.
With the above in mind, it is strongly recommended that any firearm sent to us for repair be sent through a Federally licensed dealer and that you consult with local law enforcement where you live before shipping a firearm or magazines to us.
- All firearms must be shipped to us prepaid. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT COLLECT SHIPMENTS.
- Due to the wide variability of Federal, State and local laws, Rossi adheres to the following policy. In order to ensure full compliance with all applicable law, we will not, under any circumstance deviate from this policy. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, but this policy is intended to help safeguard your property and rights.:
- (a)Unless Rossi is aware an address is a location where firearms are prohibited, all repaired firearms will be sent to the address from which they were shipped. If the firearm cannot be shipped to that address, it will not be shipped until a designated FFL can receive it.
- (b) Replacement firearms will be sent to the FFL of the customer’s choice.
- If your product is covered under the Limited Lifetime Warranty or is a Legacy Product you must contact Rossi to receive Warranty Service.
- Enclose a letter stating your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the serial number, caliber and barrel length of your firearm. You must also state the work required or trouble experienced. Be as specific as possible, and enclose copies of any other previous correspondence regarding the firearm. Do not simply state the firearm is defective or needs work. Other than warranty repair, all work will cost a minimum labor charge of $35.
- FIREARMS MUST BE SHIPPED UNLOADED. Double check your firearm’s chamber before shipping. If your firearm arrives loaded, we are required by law to notify Federal authorities of the receipt of a loaded firearm.
- DO NOT include custom grips, holsters, telescopic sights, or other accessories when sending a firearm to us. If replacement parts, or a replacement firearm is needed aftermarket parts may not be returned.
Ship your UNLOADED Rossi handgun to:
BrazTech International L.C.
ATTN: Repair Department
100 Taurus Way
Bainbridge, Georgia 39817
If you are unsure of our shipping or return policies, please Contact us, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.